Ledig stilling: Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Cell Biology (Extracellular vesicles/Exosomes)
Department of Biochemistry – Division of Cancer Medicine, Surgery and Transplantation, Institute for Cancer Research, Oslo University Hospital HF
Fellowship duration: 3 years starting 2nd quarter 2015.
Application deadline: 1 February 2015
A position as postdoctoral research fellow is available at the Department of Biochemistry, Division of Cancer Medicine, Surgery and Transplantation, Institute for Cancer Research, Oslo University Hospital. This position is funded by The Norwegian Cancer Society as part of the project “Extracellular vesicles and Prostate Cancer: In search of Tumorigenesis Mechanisms and Biomarkers”.
The Institute for Cancer Research plays a central role within the field of cancer research both in Norway and internationally. The Institute has seven research departments and more than 320 employees. The Institute has internationally strong research groups within biochemistry, cell and tumor biology, genetics, radiation biology, immunology and cancer prevention.
The position is associated with the Department of Biochemistry (http://www.ous-research.no/biochemistry/), and in particular with the Exosomes and Prostate Cancer project group (http://www.ous-research.no/llorente/). Current areas of research at the Department of Biochemistry include intracellular transport and communication, exosomes/extracellular vesicles biology, cancer cell migration, nanoparticles, immunobiology and signaling. The Department consists of approximately 70 people and offers a stimulating and attractive work environment. It houses state-of-the art infrastructure needed for molecular biology, cell culturing, cell imaging and electron microscopy. Moreover, the department shares access to the common core facilities at Oslo University Hospital. The department is part of the Centre for Cancer Biomedicine, a Norwegian centre of excellence.
When evaluating the application, emphasis will be given to applicant’s academic and personal abilities to carry out the project. Relevant applicants will be called in for an interview. We invite applications from all interested individuals regardless of gender or ethnicity.
Applications have to be sent electronically via WebCruiter (Ref. nr. 2442239967).
Brief description of the project:
The objective of the project is to obtain new knowledge about the mechanisms involved in the transfer of oncogenic information via exosomes in prostate cancer cells, and about the composition of exosomes released by these cells. This knowledge will hopefully help us to identify therapeutic targets and non invasive biomarkers for prostate cancer.
Activities: Growth and transfection of cell lines. Isolation of extracellular vesicles from cell line supernatants and biological fluids. Analysis of extracellular vesicles using Western blot, Elisa, flow cytometry, -omics analysis, Nanosight and microscopy. Labelling of extracellular vesicles. Analysis, evaluation and presentation of results.
- PhD in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry or medicine.
- Research experience in cell and molecular biology methods including mammalian cell culture, Western blot, Elisa, cell transfection, molecular cloning and fluorescence microscopy.
- In addition, it will be considered as an advantage to have some experience in exosomes/extracellular vesicles research, statistics, flow cytometry, and omics-analyses.
- Good presentation skills and experience in writing scientific papers.
- Capability to design and perform experiments in a creative way.
- Good organizational skills.
- Capability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Fluent English.
Requirements for the application (in English and merged in a pdf file).
- Cover letter including a statement of motivation and research interests.
- CV summarizing education, positions and other relevant activities.
- A complete list of publications.
- 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, working address, e-mail and telephone number).
3 years starting during the 2nd quarter 2015
- Job type:
- Working hours:
- Application deadline:
1 February 2015
Alicia Llorente, PhD
Phone: (+47)22 78 18 25
Cell:(+47)90 89 27 82
E-mail: [email protected]